Thursday, October 22, 2020

We need a Leader

 No, this isn’t another Spam Political message begging you for money.  As the keen eyed may have noticed in the photos of the last battle, a couple of my commanders looked suspiciously like Imperial Roman Generals.  So, after a quick dive into the lead pile and swimming around a bit, I found the below figures.

These are from Warlord Games Pike & Shotte range.  The figures are ‘Kaiser Maximillian I (Young and Old)’.

 

Beauty before age


Young Maximillian


Old Maximillian

 

I probably still need a few more commanders for this era, but for the near future I should be good.

 

And speaking of Commanders.  As the box opening continues, I found this picture of a very young Company Commander apparently thinking that his Platoon Leaders were actually paying attention to him.  (I eventually figured it out, and look at that hair… before it went AWOL).  

 


So much lead, so little time.

4 comments:

  1. Who is the man beneath the bush? Pre hummer days, but camo rather than plain AG. Those were the days, as the song goes. nice Maxes, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In hind sight they were great days. At the time, not always so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've seen figures quite like junge Max and alte Max before!
    I love the shot of the Company Commander! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The figures are somewhat unique. They actually have several personalities in the range that I may “need” to acquire once my self imposed moratorium on new purchases expires.

    ReplyDelete