Friday, March 15, 2024

I Ain’t Dead… Yet

Wow, it has been a long time since the last post.  No excuses, I just haven’t been in the mood.  I know, I suck.

 

That doesn’t mean there hasn’t been some (slow) progress on a couple of fronts.  Much is currently in progress, and some of it may actually see completion.  Most notably The 27th Guards Motorized Rifle Division Circa 1985 is nearly complete – except for all that pesky 6mm infantry.  I hate painting micro armor infantry.  Terrain is currently being worked on, slowly.  3 Squadron’s of the 11th Armored Cavalry Regiment are completed, and a whole bunch more U.S. M-60A3 Armored Battalions are in the works.

 

Joe and the Friday afternoon guys introduced me to Blood Red Skies, so there may be a solo battle of Britain in the future.

 

I picked up several more old school space ships, (printed, not casted lead so maybe the fiddly bits wont’ warp, bend, break like the 1980’s lead ones did) so the sci-fi project may pick up steam if the motivation hits me.

 

And since I think there is a rule that all blog post must have a photo, here’s a teaser of a small part of the terrain project, definitely a work in progress at this point. It probably would have been smarter to start with something a little smaller for the first real terrain project. 

Assuming I ever finish and it doesn’t look like $#it, I’ll do a post on the build process.




 

Summer is almost here!

Take care and stay safe

 

So much lead, so little time

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the land of the living. We await the next adventure, be it Eureka or 80's Europe. BTW Fuddland units are engaged, you will get dispatches over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have some very specific locale in mind here, but I can't place one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bebra region of West Germany. The tile in the photo is of the Solz region. If I ever finish them and they look half way decent I'll continue down south to Fulda.

      Delete