Tuesday, May 30, 2023

A little more painting

 The risk of frost is mostly gone, and the pool is open, so spring must be here.  Yard work and other distractions may slow down my already slow painting progress, we'll see how it goes.

The herculean task of trying to organize the painting table continues.  First up is a long suffering unit of some generic blue pant wearing Napoleonic Infantry, (or Leger to you Francophiles out there).  Or as a friend refers to them, targets for Russian Artillery.

These poor lads have been sitting on the painting table primed and patiently awaiting their uniforms for over 4 years, so I guess it's about time they were finished.  I'm still not happy with how they turned out, in fact I scrubbed off the first go around of paint on a few of them and gave it a second try.  I guess it's just been too long since I painted figures for a proper era in the one true scale.

But, enough with the words.  Figures are from Perry.


And finally, what I think are the last of the fantasy figures from under all the detritus on the table.  I'm not sure who the manufacturer is for these.




That's all for now.  Hopefully those of you in the U.S. had a chance in-between the BBQ and other festivities to reflect on the real reason for yesterday's holiday.

Take care and enjoy the warm weather.

So much lead, so little time.


2 comments: