Wednesday, January 6, 2021

More unboxing

As I continue to work my way through some of the boxes I’ve been dragging around for decades, I find the occasion gem.  While the below rules are no where near a gem, what is a gem is what I found inside them.   Tucked away on some 5 x 7 index cards, were the ramblings of a college student outlining his plan for a modern day (at least at the time) ImagiNation, set somewhere on the West Coast of Africa.  

 

I had completely forgotten about ever doing this, but reading the notes brought a smile to my face.  I may just dust this off and take a ‘formal’ go at it.  Will see.  But as a teaser below are the nation names), and we have:  Wilhelmsland (the good pro West guys),  Gardenstan (pro East guys), and Rubbishlandia (evil Soviet lackey).

 

And speaking of Rubbish, as I recall, that’s what the below rules were.  But they served as a good protective cover for the early 1980’s ramblings of my first ImagiNation exercise.  Maybe it will finally come to fruition 40 years later… maybe.

 


So much lead, so little time.

4 comments:

  1. That's a great discovery, and it deserves to have new life breathed into it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ll see. The last thing I need right now is a new project. I’m supposed to be reducing the lead pile. But, I have had an urge to do some modernish Cold War error stuff.

      Delete
    2. Barry, do yourself a favor, bury the rules and get a copy of 1wt edition AK 47 rules. Then set the countries up and enjoy!
      Besides I have the new project covered.

      Delete
    3. I think I may give Fist Full of Tows 3, a try. (assuming I move forward with this). I have had the rules sitting around for several years, and they will accommodate the wide range of equipment I have in mind.

      Delete