Monday, January 11, 2021

More French

 Just a quick post.  I managed to knock out another unit of French in great coats over the weekend.  I still have one more great coat unit primed and sitting on the painting table, but I think it may have to wait.  I need to get back to painting units for the next battle in the Outlandishian Chroniceles (thanks again Joe).

I'm not sure what was up with the Camera but these aren't the greatest photos I've ever taken.  


They look better in the lead, honest.  And now I see I have some issues with the magic wash pooling on the bottom of the coats.  Sigh.

Until next time

So much lead, so little time.

8 comments:

  1. I have noticed the pooling when I use any dark pigmented wash. I go over the figures with an empty brush about halfway through the drying cycle.
    More chronicles, cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typically do but I was in a hurry to get them done.

      Delete
  2. Hooray for the French! :-)

    Are you using a water soluble magic wash (ie "Future" based type, as opposed to Minwax type)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Future, sometimes I cut it with a little water, sometimes I use it straight.

      Delete
  3. Lovely French guys, 'Beau travail!'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look really good Barry. I really like the variety of headgear and poses.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete