Monday, December 21, 2020

More French

 Wow, two post in one day!  Normally I’m happy if I can manage two post in one month – LOL.

 

This is just another quick post as I return to Napoleonic painting.  My French forces have really been neglected.  I think I may have more Duchy of Warsaw forces than I do French currently.  

Figures are Old Glory.  Instead of my usual process of painting on the (Vallejo) Matt Medium I used the Army Painter Anti-Shine spray.  I think it did a pretty good job of knocking the gloss off the magic wash.

 

The plan for the lads in Greatcoats is to build one (maybe two) of those disgusting large 5 Battalion Regiments that marched into Russia in 1812.  I really like the kneeling/firing pose, but the scale looks a little off to me, they're almost as tall as the standing figures behind them.

 




 

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate.  May Santa bring you all the lead you desire.

 

So much lead, so little time

6 comments:

  1. I know it hurts, but it must be done. I am even planning an order to include French line in 2021.

    And hey, 2 in one day, good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. As you once said, the Russian’s need targets. I hope it’s a small order of French next year.

      Delete
  2. These look great Barry. These Fusiliers seem to be almost dressed to match that tawny Owl?!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you James. It’s a good functional uniform for retreating in Russia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you think the greatcoats are kind of cheating, old bean? :-)
    Seriously, I enjoyed painting up my own Division of Old Glory in greatcoats. I hadn't noticed they had them in firing line, too. Hmmm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. French uniforms are too fiddly for me to paint right. They’re just going to be targets anyway. LOL
      I have some Russian’s in Great Coats laying around somewhere too I need to get to.

      Delete