Sunday, December 6, 2020

Back to Basics

Just a super quick post today.  The other week it occurred to me that I have strayed from the true war gaming era of late.  Any true megalomaniac must be a Napoleonic era gamer, right?  So, to make amends it was time to paint up a proper Napoleonic era unit. 

Although I’m not sure this is really a proper unit, after all it’s wearing a blue coat and not a Russian green coat.  These poor neglected lads have been primed and getting shoved around from one corner of my painting table to another corner for close to 3 years now.   The French voices in my head have been complaining about how under strength their forces are, so maybe this generic Léger unit will keep them quiet for a while.

 

Not the greatest job but it’s finally complete.


 The Figures are Perry's.  Unfortunately my painting and photography skills don't really do them justice.



Stay safe

So much lead, so little time

6 comments:

  1. Nice work. At least you are getting units done. Are they adding to your pseudo-Polish province in the campaign?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that’s strange, I can’t post comments from my computer.
    Thanks Joe. These are your garden variety French. I have more than enough Duchy of Warsaw troops from the Borodino project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Merci, gentil Monsieur, pour les nouvelles troupes!"
    They look very good, Barry!
    I have quite a lot of GDW troops as well, but I do have a unit of Krakus and a GDW horse battery primed, courtesy of Murawski!
    Speaking of Borodino, the 210th anniversary isn't too far off! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peter. 210th anniversary, hmmm. I think I still have the great redoubt laying around somewhere. Something to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Bary. You are on the road to redemption with these figures!
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you James. Given what I’m kicking around for next years project I’ll need all the redemption I can get - if I go through with it.

    ReplyDelete