Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Is there no end to these Cossacks

Hello again.  I think I'm starting to suffer from painting burn out, or at least Cossack burnout.  Only one unit left on the painting table.  I keep glancing at the lead pile and thinking "Ohhh - shinny!  That would be a lot more fun to paint than the last Cossack unit".  So far, I manage to refocus myself by repeating the mantra in the voice of Red Leader of  "Stay on Target".

And, on with the Cossack show.  As with the others, these are Old Glory figures.


And here they are with natural lighting.


And I had just enough Transylvanian hand gunners left over for another skirmish unit.
These are Old Glory figures as well


In the last post I had commented about how the Revenge Miniature Bowmen seemed to be rather 'small'.  Below you can see them compared to the Old Glory Landsknecht arquebusiers. 
Who let the Hobbit's on the table?


The first skirmish in my parallel world campaign has taken place over the last week and a half, as time (and Czarina)  allowed, but more on that in a future post.  But below are two teasers.

View from the attacker artillery battery, with the cheese factory prominent on the hill top.

And the view from the defenders artillery battery.  Maybe we should have repaired the gun emplacement after the last battle?

Take care and stay safe.  
So much lead, so little time.









7 comments:

  1. So is that the Last of the Cosackians?

    I enjoyed doing a few units for the Borodino project, but feel no need for more myself! :-)

    That is quite a size differential in the comparison picture.

    Are you taking your pictures with your Cell phone? If so, I suspect you are taking them too close up due to the blurry focus. Much better to shoot from a little further away, and then use any one of a number of free photo editing programs to crop the shot. That's how all of my unit pictures are done, preferably outside on a cloudy day.

    I look forward to hearing more about the action in the last 2 shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Peter. There’s one unit left. All together I should have about 9 units when done - which should be enough to get through the Theater of War campaign.
      I’m using an old Cannon camera and all shots are indoors. I may need to amp up the lighting in the room a bit.
      The battle was fun, but I so butchered the rules (Hostile Realms). I’ll contact with some questions once I milk the battle over a little more.

      Delete
  2. More Cossacks, Elmer must be proud!

    I also look forward to your battle report.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joe. Nothing makes a Fuddlander happier than a lot of crappy cavalry that tend to do their own thing.

      Delete
  3. Well done, always glad to see Cossacks on a table...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phil. Once they’re all done I plan to get them all on the table for a proper ‘pass in review’. I’m honestly not sure how many Cossack or Cossack stand in units I have now.

      Delete