Monday, March 27, 2023

Odds and Ends

It really has been too long since I painted something larger than 6mm scale.  I had hoped to have a unit of French Leger ready for this post, but as I said, it's been too long since I painted something in the one true scale... and I wasn't happy with the look, so I'm starting over on them.

But, I did manage to paint something as part of my ongoing effort to clean up the rats nest that I call a painting table.  It's amazing what you can find when you dig down through the layers.

First up some command (or hero/adventurer) figures from Revenge Miniatures, these are from their Saxon Command pack if I recall correctly.  Despite the poor lighting, they actually turned out pretty well if you see them 'in the lead'.


A while back I posted a photo of this same pose, although this sculpt seems to have a bigger nose than the previous one did.  I guess I should have trimmed that down a bit before painting.








I'm pretty sure the grave is something I chased 18 or so years ago from Games Workshop when I was doing a Vampire Count Army.  The Wolves are plastic from WizKids, not the greatest detail in the sculpts but for $2 a piece, I can't complain - although I wasn't happy with how they took the dry brushing. I can see these being useful in Silver Bayonet games.

And finally, 3 more Earth Alliance Omega Class Destroyers.  This gives me a total of 4, which will probably represent a small independent Planet/System if I ever get moving on Project Z again.


Daytime temperatures have been consistently above freeing for the last week here, so spring may get here eventually.  

So much lead, so little time.











2 comments:

  1. Good brushwork On the armored fellows. Cool spaceship force, looking forward, they should be featured in a Friday game f they can make the warp jump.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Joe. I'm in the process of planning the next trip down South, I'll touch base with you when I firm up the date.

    ReplyDelete