Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Things that go Boom

 As I was digging around the bottom of the lead pile looking for the last two figures I needed for the Spearman unit I plan to start soon I stumbled upon these.  I think I bought them to be fortress guns, but they could work just as well as Naval guns, in my opinion.  Figures are Old Glory.  

I painted them up based on how I recall the guns being on the USS Constitution the last time I was there, way back in December of 2019  before the world went to $#it.

These look like 24 pounders when I compare them to the Old Glory 12 pounders.


8 guns, that's 4 batteries in my standard organization

These look like 32 pounders to me.

4 guns, or 2 batteries

And here's the whole lot.

Maybe it's time to build a fortress, or Port defenses?


I'm supposed to be working on a unit of Renaissance troops, and since I found these in the pile, I painted these up.


A commander with his loyal retainer.  To bad the retainer has an arrow in his thigh.  I bet that hurt.

A slightly better view of the arrow.


But wait, there's more!

Not sure what I'll do with these, but I liked the figures so I had to paint them.  They seem more appropriate for a vignette not necessarily a command stand.  They aren't based yet, but here they are.


Looks like someone's about to have a little heart ache

And a slightly different view.  I really like this casting.



And if you thought the arrow in the thigh looked painful, how about this poor chap?


Sorry about the unpainted dirt (joint compound) around his base.

I promise I'll get back to work on the Renaissance figures for Outlandishian Chronicles  soon.  But after having cranked out over 350 vehicles and 450+ (really tiny) infantry figures for the Eurica Campaign, I need to paint some 'fun' stuff.

Take care and stay safe.

So much lead, so little time.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, paint some big uns, I have to dive into 1/285th soon enough, first some 28's. Nice work, aren't they the vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely fit the bill, fortress guns! These go well with the harbor defense needs in our imagination campaign.

    ReplyDelete