Monday, April 18, 2022

More Painting

So, there's been a little more progress on the painting front.  The brief snow storm we had yesterday forced me in from doing yard work, so I was able to finish the below unit.

I know I'm supposed to be painting up reinforcements for the Earl to use in the next installment of the Outlandishian Chronicles, but these fellows have been sitting primed and waiting on the painting table for close to 3 years now, so I decided to finally paint them.  Figures are old glory.

Just your basic generic unit of French in greatcoats (a.k.a. targets for Russians).  I had forgotten how fiddly the bayonets are on Old Glory figures.  One wrong look and they snap off.  This now gives me 4 units (battalions) of great coated infantry which will probably become one of the Regiments in Compan's Divison given my 1812 organization focus.



And just to prove I haven't completely forsaken the Earl I found this figure in the lead pile.  I think at this point in the Outlandishan campaign the Earls best bet may be to resort to prayer.  

The lighting and focus weren't kind.  He looks better in the lead... honest,

Take care,

So much lead, so little time

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you got snow this late. I like you cleaned up your lead pile by finishing the French. Always need targets. So this is the earl, then. Looks earnest to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately it only snowed for about 15 minutes, but it did drop the temperature considerably. A good excuse to go inside and paint.
    I think the figure will be one of the Earl's Generals. I can't picture the Earl praying. I've been looking for a mounted figure with either a bottle or tankard in their hand for the Earl. No luck so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, those French look all but ready for the Retreat from Moscow!

    Pretty easy to make a beer glass out of a section of straw, and just add a handle, fill with putty, green stuff, or similar.

    ReplyDelete