Friday, April 8, 2022

More Painting

 After painting all of those tiny vehicles and even tinier infantry for the Eurica campaign, it felt good to go back to painting proper historical figures in the one true scale. Or at least the one scale I can see well enough to paint some minor details on.

 

Following the latest thrashing of the Earl in the Outlandishian Chronicles the Earl was in desperate need of some additional infantry.  This is the First Pike Block I’ve painted.  They should see some action soon in the service of Earl, hopefully without all of that pesky Cavalry the Count has put to fairly good use of late.  I think I may need to paint a few more infantry unit before the next battle can occur.

 

Figures are Old Glory, Pike in Back and Breast.

 

View from a low flying Vulture sizing up his next meal.  They will be in the employ of the Earl for their first outing on the table, their odds aren't good.




 

And I also found these classics laying at the edge of the lead pile, almost like they were fighting to be seen.  Figures are Evil Empire (Games Workshop) Battle Fleet Gothic.  Three Firestorms Frigates and one Dauntless Light Cruiser.  I’m not sure when I bought them, but they’re old enough to be all lead, no plastic.  These may get some use in Project Z, if I ever move along with that effort now that Project X is 75% done.

 





 

So much lead, so little time

5 comments:

  1. Zowie, such progress and the snow has barely melted! Pike and space ships look nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe. I'm trying to maximize my time before we get into the 'yard work' season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pikes look very good, just need a suitable flag or two. A pike block may be just what the downtrodden Earl needs to put some starch back in his britches!

    The space ships look very good, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Peter. The flags will have to wait until I get a new printer.

    The Earl has been a bit of a disappointment. When I created him he was supposed to be obnoxious and old fashioned, not a complete incompetent train wreck. We'll see what the next battle shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well the old codger could have a dashing Nephew or something...

    ReplyDelete