Monday, March 14, 2022

Eurica - was Project X

Project X is ready to go public.  Sort of.

This all started back in January of 2021 (actually it started in 1983 or 1984), when I was going through a box of stuff and found an old modern rule set from my college days.  The rules were crap, but inside were notes on my fictional nation and army (I didn’t know that ImagiNations were a thing back then).  Sooo… I decided to clean up the notes, move the time line forward a bit to coincide with my stint at beautiful Fort Riley, and presto!  The overall concepts remain the same as what I jotted down almost 40 years ago although I did use the Nordic Weasel Games “Not Just a Brush War” rules to help flesh out some of the background. I still need to do a map of the region.

 

I’m about 2/3’s of the way done on painting the troops.  Over the next week or so I’ll post up the 1985 CIA* Sourcebook summaries on the 3 belligerent nations as well as photos of their armed forces, to the extent they’ve been purchased/painted.  These summaries are still in draft form, but I think they’ll convey the overall feel that the nations will have.  As of now I plan to use “Fist Full of Tows III” as the rule set.

*Conceptual ImagiNation Assessment

 

When I started this, I thought the Cold War foolishness with the Soviet Union/Warsaw Pact and US/NATO was behind us, unfortunately, recent events would seem to indicate that is not so.

 

 

May I present to you, the region of Eurica

 

Most people in the West, or the East for that matter, have ever heard of the Eurica region of West Africa. The region is located loosely on the Western African coast, somewhere between Morocco and Namibia.  It’s location on international maps seems to very so much that most cartographers have given up even trying to show the region on maps.  

 

Prior to World War I the region consisted of two British Colonies and one German Colony.  The nations, Gardenstan, Rubishlandia, and Wilhelmsland were all granted their independence following the Treaty of Versailles in 1919.  Exactly what back-room deals were made to obtain that result remains a mystery still today.

 

The region is located in a geographic anomaly on the continent.   Due to the unique mountain ranges the area is particularly fertile, receiving ample rainfall with a moderate climate allowing most crops to be grown.  The geography also sports a larger than expected number of rivers, with one being navigable well into the continental interior.

 

As of January 1, 1985 Gardenstan has a one-party government with no opposition while Rubishlandia is a Fascist military state with all the misery that entails and Wilhelmsland is a functional democracy with a moderate level of corruption that the citizens are comfortable with.

 

Stay tuned for more details on the various nations. 

 

So much lead, so little time

2 comments:

  1. So, are you using AK-47 or something else for nation building and combat? Hmm, if the Dictator for Life position is open, I will accept the post.
    Big Daddy-Fish

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - Big Daddy-Fish. I may just use that.
    For nation building I used 'Not Just a Brush War' and my cryptic 35+ year old notes. For combat I plan on using Fist Full of Tows 3, at least to start.

    ReplyDelete