Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A little more painting

 I managed to set aside some time over the weekend to complete a little painting.  

First up, a proper historical figure from a proper era.  This Russian Commander is a Foundry figure if I recall correctly that has been languishing at the bottom of the lead pile for far too long.  

 



 

And next up, another unit of Spearmen.  The figures are Old Glory, Eastern Renaissance range, Hungarians if my memory is correct.  

 

 

I tried a different basing technique with this.  Normally I coat the base in Drywall Joint compound.  But as I had a container of the AK Terrains Dry Ground compound I’m using on super secret squirrel project x, I thought I’d give it a try.   It was a tad bit too light colored for my preference at this scale when it dried and it didn’t really take a stain nearly as well as the Joint Compound does.  I may give it another try with a different stain approach.


This is the basing material.  It went on easier than the join compound I normally use, and had a nice gritty texture.


Now I need to go rummage through the lead pile and see what strikes my fancy next.  The Earl is definitely asking for some cavalry reinforcements.  And the Russian's have been demanding a Grenadier unit or two for some time.  We’ll see what I can find.

 

So much lead, so little time

3 comments:

  1. Nice brush work. Can't wait to see what is next off your queue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joe. I’m curious to see what’s next too. I’m thinking something shooty this time.

      Delete
  2. Good additions, and as for the super secret squirrel project, we do not speak of such things...

    ReplyDelete