Friday, September 29, 2023

Kiev Grenadiers

 Wow, 2nd post of the month.  Pretty lame, but not as lame as last month.

Getting back to the one true scale and the one true era, below we see the Kiev Grenadiers, recently deployed to 'the' front, whichever front that is.

As with almost all my Russian Napoleonic figures, the figures are from Front Rank.

The Regiment formed up in Column.  No doubt in preparation to advance and introduce some uncouth French interlopers to the fine art of the bayonet.

The 1st Battalion in line.  The musket may be a lazy fellow, but it does come in handy when you can't get to bayonet range with a slippery opponent.

The 3rd Battalion also in line.

That's all for now.  I have grandiose plans for next month.  We'll see if workload and the weather allow me to get to them.

Speaking of weather, I hope you're all situated for Winter.  My arthritis is telling me it's going to a damp one, and since we normally I get first snow in October, I guess we'll find out soon.

So much lead, so little time.




2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, and two to boot! Twas worth the wait. Hope the arthritis is mild this season. Looking forward to what you have planned in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joe. We'll see if the plans survive contact with reality.

    ReplyDelete